2. Invisalign vs. Braces
If you are tired of your reflection, you may want to consider scheduling an appointment with your dentist for Invisalign. Invisalign is the clear alternative to traditional wires and brackets and can give you the smile you deserve in as little as 12 months.
- Old school conventional braces can take up to two years to straighten your teeth, are cumbersome, and uncomfortable. Conventional wires and brackets are attached directly to your teeth and are never removed until the end of your orthodontic treatment. Unfortunately, traditional braces can also make you more susceptible to tooth decay and gum disease.
- Braces make it more difficult to brush and almost impossible to floss. If you want to floss and wear wires and brackets, you need a floss threader in order to get under the wires.
- As long as you practice good oral hygiene habits, such as brushing twice and flossing once each day, you can eliminate your risk of tooth decay as your new Invisalign clear plastic aligners are removed when you eat, brush, and floss.
- Safety is another consideration when it comes to orthodontic appliances. Conventional metal wires and brackets protrude and contain bits of metal. That metal can scratch or even puncture the insides of your mouth and your gums. Invisalign is smooth and comfortable reducing the risk of mouth or gum injuries.
- If your dentist determines that you are a good candidate for Invisalign, digital impressions will be taken of your teeth so that your dentist can get an accurate fit for your new clear plastic aligners.
- Depending on your orthodontic dental plan, you will be given a series of between 11 and 31 sets of clear plastic aligners that you will wear 20 to 22 hours each day. You swap out your aligners at home every two weeks only visiting your dentist once every six weeks to make sure that your Invisalign treatment is going according to plan.
- Because your Invisalign treatment plan is fully computerized, you and your dentist know what to expect after your treatment has been completed, which could take anywhere between 12 to 18 months.
If you have always wanted a beautiful smile, give one of our Certified Invisalign experts at Nuvo Dental of Irvine call at 949-585-1515.